Not signed in (Sign In)

"Can our field present a united front to the new Administration? Let's start by seeing if we can develop a set of principles for public engagement we can all endorse..."

Vanilla 1.1.5a is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This set of forum posts is the start of an attempt to create a set of principles for public engagement that our whole field (well, most of the field) can get behind and endorse. Now's the time to do this, as we need to present a united front to the new Administration.

Get involved now...

1. Sign up for the forum

Click the "join this conversation" tab on the right. Whenever you return, click on the link at the very top of the page to sign in.

2. Note:  Before you submit a discussion (new topic) or comment, be sure to click control-a and then control-c to save your content to your clipboard.  If your browser times out on you, you'll need to sign back in and post the comment again (control-v will paste what's in your clipboard). This is important if you take a while to compose your post!

3. Comment on the posts categorized "Principles" to share what you agree with, what you disagree with (and why), what changes you'd suggest, etc. If you're strapped for time, at least look over and comment on the post Tom Atlee created that's an early attempt at gleaning what's common from most sets of principles.

4. Add additional sets of principles or criteria, articles, etc. that are relevant by clicking "start a new discussion"

5. Check back later to comment on draft Principles that are created

If you're not on the NCDD Discussion list or Updates list, add a comment below with your name and email and we'll be sure to keep you updated.

--

Look over the Intro to this Project post for more details.

MAC USERS Please Note: the forum works best in Firefox; not so well in Safari. (Or you can use html tags in Safari.)

In your steps to "Get Involved by ... " (above), your Step #4 suggests "checking back later ..."

Does that mean that the only way for a person to know if there are new comments is for me to "check back" to this website?  Is there a way, instead, for me to be notified by email?

I do notice that there is an option called "Bookmark this discussion" in the upper left hand column of this page.  I do not know what that means, but I will click on that as an experiment.

• CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2009

There's no email notification on this forum, so we'll have to email our networks again when it's time to "check back" and look over drafts.

Bookmarking simply adds a note to the subject line of posts that says "Bookmarked."  You might bookmark a discussion thread you want to keep tabs on.

• CommentAuthorkcissna
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009

Sandy, I didn't realize that my "userid" was what would show up as my name on my postings. Can I change that somehow? thanks, Ken

• CommentAuthorTim
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009 edited

Go to http://thataway.org/2009/pep_project/account/

In the left column, under "Account Options" click on "Personal Information".

You can change your username there and also add your real name (if you wish).

• CommentAuthorTim
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009 edited

Notifications by email or RSS are available for Vanilla forums (via plugins):

http://lussumo.com/addons/?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=48
    http://lussumo.com/addons/?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=73
    http://lussumo.com/addons/?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=3

Not sure about the details or how much effort it would be to get it working. Maybe Andy can take a look. ;-)

• CommentAuthorAnn Neale
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009

Please put me on the NCDD and Update lists. Thank you. Ann Neale [email protected]

nice forum. Can i get the idea, how to activate comment moderation option in my website. I am using drupal free source. All i have a forum there and i want to activate the plugin to know, howmany times my each topic has been viewed. I am not a expertise in Drupal, however i know a little bit. If anybody suggest me how to activate all this thing then i can do by myselff. Please give me some relevant comments. Warms and regards from Airsoft Tactical Vest

• CommentAuthorSnowanna
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Online tools do not necessarily need to be deliberative in order to add value.

Let's consider a hybrid model between online and offline engagement: <a href="http://editingwritingservices.org/order.php">Order Editing Service</a>

Nice forum, thanking for sharing beautiful information. Web Development

• CommentAuthorkiran1234
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Many see participatory democracy as complementing representative democratic systems, in that it puts decision-making powers more directly in the hands of ordinary people. Rousseau suggested that participatory approaches to democracy had the advantage of demonstrating that “no citizen is a master of another” and that, in society, “all of us are equally dependent on our fellow citizens”. Rousseau suggested that participation in decision –making increases feeling among individual citizens that they belong in their community. Perhaps the most long-standing institution of participatory democracy is the system of trial by jury. Replacement Window

Nice TOpic. I am using a Drupal Site. I am not expertise in using application. I really want to activate Captcha in my comment zone. Can anyone suggest me, how can i activate that module. best mortgage rates

Special Note:

Welcome to the NCDD website. What you see here, in the way of web design and layout is a work in progress. The forum feature works as you would expect, but we have just begun our web re-design and are testing the "bare bones" with this conversation. Many of the links and buttons outside the forum may not work as expected and we thank you in advance for your patience with us.

This re-design marks a new chapter in the online life of NCDD. It began in 1998 with a small online project called the Dialogue to Action Initiative and became the NCDD website after our first national conference in 2002. Beginning in 2009, we are turning our focus to embracing existing tools, instead of creating our own, as a way to further the networking opportunities of our members and offer examples, through use, of the many great tools that are available to us and our community.

Visit the Main Page of our website to learn more about NCDD. Please let us know what you think of the design! Send your feedback to [email protected].