I sent this message out today via Eventbrite to all 165+ attendees of our regional NCDD event in Austin on November 5th, titled “From Chaos to Collaboration: Raising the Bar in Public Engagement.” Since there are so many great resources in the Central TX team’s report on the event, I thought I’d post this on the blog as well.
1. Download the Central TX team’s wonderful report on the workshop at http://ncdd.org/files/NCDD2010Austin.pdf . The report summarizes the day (including poll results, highlights from panels, etc.), includes some of the great handouts the team created (Principes for Creating Chaos, core principles flowchart, Steps in Public Engagement Processes, etc.) and acknowledges our fabulous planning team members, sponsors, partners, scholarship contributors, speakers and presenters. It also includes gems like the opening monologue by Larry Schooler (D&D Airlines flight from Chaos to Collaboration). The report is worth a look no matter where you’re based!
2. The report also features many photos of the event, and you can see even more of them at the “ncddaustin” tag on Flickr. Check the photos out at http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/ncddaustin/ and be sure to tag your own photos with the ncddaustin tag (as well as “ncdd2010″ and “ncdd”).
3. NCDD’s beautiful new Resource Guide on Public Engagement, which was distributed to all attendees, is available for free download at http://ncdd.org/rc/item/4471 . We’re also going to be making print copies available for a small charge (event sponsors will get a discount).
- Sandy Heierbacher, Director of NCDD, [email protected]
- Diane Miller, Assistant Director, Envision Central Texas (Planning Team Leader), [email protected]
- Juli Fellows, Ph.D., Consultant
- Larry Schooler, Community Engagement Consultant, City of Austin
- Taylor Willingham, Consultant and Founder, Texas Forums
- Patricia Wilson, Ph.D., Professor, University of Texas at Austin
- Susan Schultz, Program Director, Center for Public Policy Dispute Resolution at the University of Texas at Austin
- Rod Reyna, Coach, advisor, trainer, speaker and facilitator
- Stephanie Nestlerode, Founding Partner, Omega Point International, Inc.
- Steven Fearing, Management Analyst/Consultant, Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
- Vicki Totten, Associate Professor of Counseling, St. Edward’s University
- Betty Gilmore, Ph.D., Training Program Director, Center for Public Policy Dispute Resolution at the University of Texas at Austin
- David Gaddy, Owner and Principal, Eye Cue Studio (our Graphic Recorder)
- Kelty Garby, Doctoral student in the College of Education and a graduate of the LBJ School of Public Affairs at UT Austin (our Evaluation designer)