I wanted to let everyone know that the National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation’s resource database is back up and running (yay!) at http://ncdd.org/rc (on the NCDD site, you can click on “resources” at the top of any page to get to the Resource Center).
The Resource Center describes and categorizes close to 2,400 resources — including many dialogue guides, D&D methods, online tools, case studies, videos, higher ed programs, articles, NCDD publications, and more. It’s up on the new ncdd.org site (we’re transitioning from www.thataway.org to ncdd.org) so you can see the new, simpler, cleaner site design while you’re at it.
One of our summer interns, Allyson Gasdaska, has been updating the Resource Center with resources we announced on the NCDD blog while our old Learning Exchange was down. She and our other summer intern, Cait Kershner, will be doing all kinds of other work in the Resource Center, but we could really use some volunteer help as well. We need to check all existing resources, updating broken links and adding appropriate categories and tags. And we need to add new resources that came out during the hiatus. Let me know if you’re interested in helping out with this project!
Also, when you look over the main page of the Resource Center, you’ll see that the right sidebar includes some things to help you find and navigate resources:
- A list of Meta-Resources (like our helpful Glossary and beginner’s pages)
- Advanced Search, which allows you to look for resources in specific categories and tags (search for your name and make sure YOUR work is listed!)
- Categories, which show how many resources we have in each (54 journals & newsletters, for ex)
- Newest Resources (most recently added)
- Tag Cloud (which will be more and more useful as we add tags to more of the resources)
Please check out the Resource Center and let me know what you think (and whether you’d like to help update and add resources). And feel free to add the RSS feed, which is http://ncdd.org/rc/feed, to your RSS readers, facebook walls, linkedin accounts, etc!