People and Participation.net, a new radical resource to help people across the country influence Government decision-making, was launched last week by Involve (www.involve.org.uk), the UK organization devoted to increasing public participation in decision-making. People and Participation.net features:
- An interactive tool which helps those seeking to engage with the public to select participatory methods based on their specific circumstances.
- A comprehensive methods database, covering over 30 traditional and innovative approaches to public participation from around the world.
- A selection of case studies, showcasing good practice and allowing site users to post their own success stories to inspire others.
- A section for site users to post their questions about participation. Involve staff will respond to these questions and thereby create an ever growing knowledge bank of answers to common queries.
- News and events information from the UK and beyond.
- A comprehensive library of written and web-based resources from around the world to help site users make sense of public participation
The interactive website was built by citizen empowerment group Involve and e-democracy pioneers Headshift. It is funded by the UK Department of Communities and Local Government, Ministry of Justice and the Sustainable Development Commission.