NCDD member PublicDecisions is offering a 3-part live, online course this October on “Effective Techniques for Engagement.” Dues-paying NCDD members save 20% on PublicDecisions trainings. Email Paul Coelus at for details on registering at the discounted rate. (More members discounts.)
John Stephens, another NCDD member, is the instructor for this course. John is Associate Professor of Public Administration and Government at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
The course will be taught in three 90-minute sessions on October 6th, 7th, and 8th. Each class is held from 1:00 to 2:30 pm Eastern. High-speed internet and long-distance telephone service is required to participate.
- Are you new — or relatively new — to conducting stakeholder engagement?
- In need of a brush-up on the range of engagement techniques available and the benefits and drawbacks for each?
- Are you unsure — or not exactly sure — what engagement techniques you should be using for the most effective project outcomes?
If you answered ‘yes’ to one or more of these questions, this course is for you! Register Today! This class limited to 15 persons.
Instructor John Stephens begins with a brief review of basic and intermediate stakeholder engagement techniques. You’ll then analyze the effectiveness of existing techniques you use in your own work. Finally, you’ll prepare and present a strategy for enhancing that effectiveness based on guidelines and engagement techniques identified in the class.
At the conclusion of this three-session course, your “take-aways” will include:
- An understanding of the benefits and tradeoffs associated with different engagement techniques
- Guidelines you’ll use for the appropriate use/selection of engagement techniques based on your project goals
- Measures of effectiveness for engagement techniques, useful for analyzing the effectiveness of techniques you use in your own work
You’ll receive course materials, articles and other resources. This course features practical, hands-on subject matter and materials that you can apply right away in your work.
Best of all, no travel is needed! You can participate from the comfort of your office or home.
Cost: $250 USD for Circle Club members, $275 USD for non-Circle Club members (join PublicDecision’s Circle Club for free here.) Dues-paying NCDD members save an additional $50 off the Circle Club rate!
Register for this course or learn more at http://www.publicdecisions.com/description_stephens_techniques.html.