Joined: 20 Jan 2004
Location: Boiling Springs, PA
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:17 am?? ?Post subject: How we should utilize this space - ideas from Tom Atlee
||Reply with quote??? ???
Tom Atlee (Founder of the Co-Intelligence Institute) just emailed me - right after I created this space on the forum! - outlining why a space like this is needed and asking whether NCDD could host such a space for all those working on / concerned about the aftermath of Katrina.
Here are Tom's ideas for this space:
"One of the things that comes up for me is there is nowhere to go to see all the pieces of the puzzle of what is going on and what is needed conversationally.
I'm wondering if NCDD is interested/able to be a web clearinghouse for
- conversational initiatives to help those involved (victims, responders, communities, etc.)
- conversational initiatives to wrestle with public issues related to Katrina
- conversations about the role of D&D in crises like this (which you are organizing now in recent mailings)
- resources of use for such conversational initiatives (individuals, organizations, manuals, listservs, etc.)
- powerful questions to use in such conversational initiatives
I imagine that NCDD having a clearinghouse for such would strengthen the legitimacy of these initiatives, as well as (obviously) make such initiatives easier to find and do."
I love all of these ideas, and hope we can do Tom's vision justice.
Convenor, National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation (NCDD)