Opportunities for NCDD Members
Don't just join NCDD and "lurk" on the listserv - be sure you benefit from your membership as much as possible by doing one or more of the following:
- Utilize NCDD's website to post information and resources on your work and programs. Write up a practitioner-oriented description of your model for our new Models & Techniques feature. Email us copies of your articles, best practices reports, research results, etc. for our soon-to-be-launched Learning Exchange feature. Send us short announcements about your program, plans, events or resources for the Community Happenings blog.
- Search the NCDD members' database to connect with others in your area.
- Write up a short commentary for the main page of the NCDD site about one of your programs, a conference you attended, or a training you offered or participated in. This is the most frequently visited page on the site, with over 1,000 page views each day. These commentaries are meant to help NCDD members get to know one another's work and faces better, so pictures are strongly encouraged. Let Sandy know if you have an idea for a commentary, and when you might be able to submit it. We'd like to have the commentaries change two or three times a month; past commentaries remain available online.
- Write up a ?Special Feature? on your program or organization, to be linked to prominently from the main NCDD page. Special Features can be much longer than commentaries, and may be less narrative and more informative than commentaries. This is a great way to tell the D&D community about your work. Again, let Sandy know if and when you'd like to do this.
- Utilize NCDD's Discussion Lists, which are both web- and email-based (which means that people can just check and send messages online if they'd like), to explore a particular topic or issue, stimulate region- or experience-based networking, coordinate the efforts of a working group, or create a interest-based learning community. Also let us know if you'd like to create a new discussion.
- Use NCDD's Discussion Lists, Thataway Forum, or Wiki for your own (non-NCDD) group work. As an NCDD member, you are welcome to utilize our discussion space for collaborative online work within your own programs. Just let us know, and we'll be happy to help you get started.
- Keep us posted on your upcoming events, new resources, articles, new programs and any other news you'd like to share with your colleagues in the dialogue & deliberation community. Thousands of D&D folks regularly turn to www.Thataway.org to stay informed about what's going on in the field. NCDD's email update, which goes out to over 7,000 D&D leaders monthly, will help draw people's attention to your posting as well.
- Use the main NCDD Discussion list to get advice, find people and organizations to collaborate with, make an announcement, or start a discussion on a key issue in the field. Over 400 people are subscribed to this list. Once you are subscribed, send messages to .
- Tap into NCDD's database of over 5,000 practitioners and scholars of dialogue & deliberation. We don't share our entire database with others, but if you need facilitators for your project in a particular region, or are interested in connecting with others in your area or establishing a regional network of D&D leaders, we'd love to share our contacts in specific regions with you. Email with your request.
- Send us your pictures - of D&D programs, yourself, your staff, etc. - for posting here at www.thataway.org. We'll add a caption that includes your web address, providing more traffic for your site and more awareness of your programs. Email pictures to or mail them to NCDD, P.O. Box 402, Brattleboro, VT 05302.