What is required of NCDD members?
Individuals, organizations and networks that join the Coalition are pledging their commitment to strengthening and uniting the dialogue and deliberation community.
All Coalition members are asked to do the following:
- Inform your networks about what NCDD is doing and how they can join our efforts.
- Provide a prominent link to NCDD on your website.
- Consider pledging something concrete to the Coalition (some ideas are listed below).
- Subscribe to an announcements-only list that NCDD's Convenor uses very sparingly (less than monthly) to welcome new members aboard and to keep members updated on various Coalition activities, news and opportunities.
Before joining, NCDD members are asked to consider what you and/or your organization are able to contribute to the Coalition. Some ideas are:
- provide some administrative support for the Coalition
- make a small financial contribution to the Coalition
- help develop a network of D&D practitioners in your region
- get actively involved in one or more of NCDD's projects
- initiate and actively support a new discussion or project on the NCDD website
- help us create a dynamic online community by participating actively in the Thataway Forum, Wiki (collaborative workspace) or Discussion Lists.
- provide material for the NCDD website
- keep the NCDD website up-to-date on the activities of a particular network, community of practice or organization