NVC/Restorative Justice Conference in Helsinki this June
A conference called ?Nonviolent Communication (NVC) as a Process in Victim-Offender Mediation and Other Conflict Situations? will be held June 5-6, 2004 in Helsinki, Finland. The head trainer will be Dr. Marshall Rosenberg, the founder of Nonviolent Communication. Participants will hear how NVC-based mediation is used in prisons, in police work and in schools in different countries.
The conference will:
- provide an opportunity for all those new to Nonviolent Communication (NVC) to hear what it is
- offer an in-depth exploration of how the NVC-based Mediation can be used: 1) in victim-offender mediation, 2) in police work, 3) with prison staff, 4) with prisoners, 5) in schools, 6) in family dispute situations like divorces and custody cases, 7) in other situations where people are experiencing conflict
- provide an opportunity to meet and to share experiences with people interested and active in the same fields as you
- let us hear how restorative justice is progressing in Finland
- discuss how Nonviolent Communication can influence healing
- enable us to share experiences and get more clarity about how we might use Nonviolent Communication to influence crime prevention work.
The invitation, program and other info can be found at www.savannaconnexions.fi.