Harwood Institute Announces Opening for an Associate Project Manager
I received an email today from Abby Smith at The Harwood Institute for Public Innovation, asking me to share a job description with the NCDD network. The Harwood Institute, a leading organization in the public engagement field that works closely with the Kettering Foundation and others, has an opening for an Associate Project Manager. Click below for the full job description and info about how to apply.
Do You Believe America Can Do Better?
Do You Want to Make A Difference?
The Bethesda, Maryland-based Harwood Institute for Public Innovation helps people to imagine and act for the public good. It works to deepen the understanding, sensibilities and practices of individuals, communities and institutions on how the public realm works and how to make progress in it.
The Harwood Institute seeks energetic candidates who can serve as a full-time Associate Project Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with developing, implementing and evaluating project strategy, under supervision of Project Managers
- Helps lead training sessions in conjunction with other Institute colleagues
- Assists with the creation of tools and products to further the Institute?s work
- Conducts focus groups, community-wide meetings, and interviews
- Represents the Institute?s work in presentations
- Writes proposals, reports, correspondence, etc. associated with project tasks and/or other Institute goals
The ideal candidate must have a college degree: 5 years or more years experience; a ?can-do? attitude; professional demeanor and presentation; excellent writing and editing skills; comfortable public speaker; and self-motivated. Attention to detail and project management skills are critical assets, as well as a serious commitment to improving public life in America.
We provide opportunities few other organizations can. We are located in downtown Bethesda within easy walking distance of the Metro and nearby parking.
Please submit cover letter and resume to...