Public Agenda, a national non-profit, non-partisan research and civic engagement organization, and an NCDD organizational member, is seeking a public & stakeholder engagement associate. Public Agenda (www.publicagenda.org) is at the forefront of the vibrant field of public & stakeholder deliberation/collaborative problem solving and is pleased to offer this opportunity for a confident, motivated professional.
Public Agenda’s public and stakeholder engagement methodologies and practices include issue framing, community forums, leadership dialogues, and on-line engagement strategies. Current projects involve work with community-based organizations and leaders at all levels across the United States to build capacity for engaging critical stakeholders in problem solving on issues around K-12 and higher education reform, economic development/regional planning, the environment/energy use, health care and others. The engagement associate will work on a variety of research and writing tasks, on field–based work on diverse projects, and will assist with organizational tasks in support of a busy department.
Public Agenda is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative fully bi-lingual (Spanish/English) individual who is interested in joining their team in New York City and developing into a project leader over time.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in Spanish
- Minimum educational requirement is a BA in a social science or related discipline (public policy, political science, urban planning, etc). An advanced degree in public policy or a related social science field is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in any of the following (or related) fields:
- Public engagement, deliberative democracy, participatory governance
- Community or organizational change work
- Public policy
- Research, especially qualitative methods
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic capacities (ability to research and synthesize material quickly).
- A sense of humor and ability to work with a diverse team on diverse projects
- Must be extremely organized, able to coordinate multiple schedules and project logistics on an ongoing basis.
- Must have an eye for detail—for example, in analyzing material, keeping track of project deliverables, and helping the team stay on task
- Must have the desire and ability to travel domestically, as this position requires significant travel.
Public Agenda is an equal opportunity employer based in New York City offering a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and room to grow. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested parties should email a resume, cover letter, and brief (3 pages maximum) professional writing sample to Jassica Bouvier at:
Applications will be reviewed immediately, and until the position is filled. No phone calls please.